Saturday, April 10, 2010

Technique Junkies Technique by Design Challenge

I'm on a roll today - actually, I don't have the car to go running around - so you get two for the price of one!

This is a card I did for the Technique Junkies Technique by Design April challenge.  The Technique Junkies newsletter is a wonderful print and/or online bi-monthly newsletter full of - what else, techniques!  If you'd like information about subscribing, it's here.

For this challenge, we were given the sketch and had to use two different TJ techniques on the finished project.  It was fun - I just pulled out a drawer full of my homemade background papers and mixed and matched until I came up with a combination I liked.




Of the two largest pieces, the left-hand panel is a sanded Cuttlebugged piece, and the right-hand side is a Saran Wrap background.  The upper RH corner is just part of a rejected stamped image colored with dye-based ink ('cause I thought it needed the black for balance) and in real life, has a little more contrast against the background.  The two smallest strips are crumpled distressed paper and yes, those are regular sewing snaps at the bottom.  The main image is a resist technique called Joseph's coat (stamp from Stampin' Up; circle cut with Nestabilities circle die).  I have a particular affinity for resist techniques:





Okay, it's not exactly the same technique (I believe this is a crayon resist with black tempura paint), but this picture of mine is hanging in my mom's kitchen and must be from about the 4th grade.  I still can't draw, but have always loved color and crafts and creating!  But I hope my results today are are little more - well, refined....artistic......something! 



 



1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw that picture, I thought ... "That looks familiar!" Had to laugh when I saw where it came from!

    ReplyDelete